and thanks for dropping by! Pour yourself a cup of tea, browse around, and view some of my work. I hope you enjoy my site and take a moment to drop me a line.
Home Staging is a step by step approach to prepare your home for the real estate market. An important part of this is depersonalizing. This means packing away all your personal items and positioning your home as a marketable product. Just as you take the time to prepare yourself for an important event, your home may need some thoughtful planning in order to present itself in it's best light to its next owner. By updating your home, you can significantly increase your return on investment. I will assist you through this process starting with a thorough walk-through of your home. Then with step by step recommendations you can make the necessary changes on your own or I will return with some accessories and furnishings to fully stage your home. I will show you which renovations and updates will make a difference and those to stay away from. While staging may appear to be costly, it is important to keep in mind that 1. Staging is a marketing tool that results in a high ROI, and 2. The first price reduction from your home sitting on the market will typically be much higher than what you invest in staging. A home that sells quickly can save a lot of frustration and stress, and help you to move on to the next chapter in your life.
-a buyers interest (or lack of) is captured within the first 7-10 seconds of walking into a house
-you only have one chance to make a first impression. Certain wall colours can be a turnoff to buyers who are looking for a move-in ready home
-flow and proper placement is very important, giving potential buyers a sense of calm and helping them visualize their own furnishings in that space
- only 10% of buyers can look past the clutter and personal possessions and envision how they can make it their home
- the most common rooms that are staged include the living room (93 percent), kitchen (84 percent), master bedroom (78 percent), and the dining room (72 percent).
- eighty-three percent of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home (National Association of Realtors 2019)
- 63% of buyers are willing to pay more money for a house that is move in ready (Maritz Research Staging Poll)
-the top three interior features for selling were freshly painted walls, organized storage space, and current flooring (Maritz Research Staging Polls)
- your investment in staging costs less than the first price reduction
(Barb Schwarz - Creator of Home Staging )
- Staged properties will sell faster when compared with homes that have not been staged. From the date of listing until the day of closing, home staging shortens this time frame, even in a slow real estate market (-RESA)
- Photos of professionally staged listings look better on MLS, in print, and web media (-RESA)